Thursday 27 October 2011

Is it Islamic? I don't think so


I watched with pure disgust as Libyans queue with their kids to watch deposed and maimed leader Muama al Ghadafi aka Bother leader. It is not because I sympathise with him nor has followers but because I am not used to that, it was a cultural shock to me. Muslims normally bury the dead within 24 hours at least they do that in South Africa. For rebel leaders to allow his decomposing body to be exposed to the elements so that they can satisfy their bloodthirstiness I am afraid to me they have shown that they are as bad.

When I was young I think I was around 12 years if not eleven, my friend and I used the “skiet rekker and old bed’s springs too shoot the white police man walking on our street like they owned it. One police man turned and realised we were skieting and them with these home made toys initially he just ignored us and that spurred us to action, then he turned again there was a gun shot, my friend collapsed next to me. I went into the house screaming that they have shot him that was the last time I saw him. Even on the day of his funeral children of my age were locked in the room and were not even allowed to peep through the window.
Now you understand where I come from, things have change even in South Africa kids go to the funerals where their class mater a friend or neighbour of their age is buried.

Seeing those kids with Cameras and cell phones taking pictures of Ghadafi was nauseating for me

No comments: