Tuesday 25 May 2010

Still on track

At least bafana bafana are showing a steady progress, it is amazing how a change of coach can do to players. Sometimes it is said players don’t want to play for a coach. I think it was the case with Santana. These players lost 9 out of 10 games under Santana, but under Pereira they have not lost a single game in as many matches. Maybe playing Thailand first was not bad after all. Despite the draw bafana could have won by a bigger margin if they took all their chances against Bulgeria, but Ivanov stuck to Mphela like a glued wood.

Kagiso was oozing with confidence, which is what we want from our player. For a change Teko Modise played well I hope he will build up his confidence from here. As a commentator Cebo Manyaapelo put it, South African are quick to write players off if they don’t see them. Siyabonga Nomvete still has some good touches and speed they the youngsters can envy. Again my player was the unfashionable Thanduyise Kuboni, I must admit that I never thought he would crack it when he was called up. Now seems to be confidant cool and composed under pressure. South Africa needs a player like him not fancy and stylish but very effective.

I am sure Pereira by now is confused as to leave out and who to take. Lance David I consider him a very lucky player, but I think his luck is running out when it matters the most. He has the international experience he is versatile but also the master of non.

He will be very lucky to survive this time, Fransman, Mdledle, Yeye, Ngcagca (I like him though), I am not sure about Benny it does not look like he will make it even though Pereira likes him.

Overall bafana a gelling as a unit that will make them a force to be reckoned with come World cup. We might spring some surprises.

No comments: