Monday 30 June 2008

Maybe there is something to say about EURO after all

EUFA EURO 2008 went out with a bang. I guess they answered critics like me in the best way possible especially Turkey and Spain. I thought I would see the finals being contested between those two unfortunately lucky didn’t favour the Turks. Germany never look liked they would go through to the finals, but their sheer guts and determination took them trough. Ironically one of my man of the tournament would come from them. Short tempered Sweinsteiger. He was outstanding except that he saw red along the way. Spanish Sergio Ramos was the engine room, when he didn’t play Spain was not playing. When he stepped up the gear from back to the middle to being a thorn on the flash of the defences Spain always looked dangerous. Well done to Spain they deserve it. Initially I thought the Semis would be between Spain, Holland, Portugal and Croatia with Holland taking it. Well done Spain, I can’t wait to see you in South Africa next year on Confederation Cup. I hope we won’t embarrass ourselves because I know Egypt won’t.

No comments: