Tuesday 15 May 2007

Another one bites the dust

This is a difficult week for me and my extended family. One of my sister cousins passed away and I always said I would go and see her when she told me she was not well. She died of AIDS related illness, but what make me angry is that she died before accepting that she was HIV positive... first she didn’t bother to do test secondly she already had some in mind who was be witching her. She blamed it on food poisoning. I have another cousin sister who has been living with the virus for the past 12 years and she is still going strong. She is strong because she knows her status and accepted that, when I told her of the passing of our cousin she blamed herself for not going on time and put some sense into her strange beliefs. I guess it is too late now. Another one is gone and she is not the last one because none of us seems to learn from the mistakes made by those who past on ...we blame our neighbours … you know how it is in the townships. May her soul rest in peace.

No comments: